Monday, December 27, 2010

The Boat- A unforgetable Christmas


Hallo, back on shore.
We did have a busy week.  We left for the boat on the 23th. On the evening before that we went for a drink. I ended uo in a night of party, free drinks and good company. We were home about 4 am. AND needed to get up at 6:30am for our boat ride. JEZZZ... what a night. Captain Carlos, a great guy,long hair, about 60, the old sea guy, was supposed to collect us at 8 am, but the weather turned. We weren`t able to leave shore before 1pm. But it was great. We had lots of fun. Even the weather was really bad. We hab a Cyclon, rain, wind, waves. Man-seriously luckily i didn`t get seasick.... or tried very hard.
The first day was short. We arrived in hook island and enjoyed our stay. The way to that space was a little bit rough. But we survived.
Our Dinner was awesome. Carlos is an exellent cook. The evening ended quickly, less sleep and enough drinks=p
The next day Mick, an old buddy of Carlos, arrived. He took us for a ride around the pocket of hook island. It was amazing. We saw purple little craps in sweet water. We went for a walk on a stone beach and climbed up a nice rock=p How adventurous!!!
The evening stopped with a well-cooked meal from Mick, enough drinks and nice smokes =p
The following day started early. It was Christmas!!! We had a huge breakfast. Then Mick took us to a little beach, where we got some reception for our mobile phones.
THEN we went for a swim in the ocean. We went snorkeling. It was murky but still very beautiful.
In the rain we went for a ride with his motorboat. If you sat at the very front, it was like a rollercoaster.
In the afternoon we fished for dinner. We were lucky, but not lucky enough to get it in. Bronwynn and I paddled in the water. She had a Kanu and I had a something different. Like a mix of a surfboard and a kanu. It was hard to paddle. I met up with Bronwynn. We were about to paddle a beach. I lost my balance and something hit me on my leg. OF COURSE. It was a Jellyfish. Nothing serious. But still it scared the shit right out of us. Man. But we had vinegar.
Merry Christmas=p
So, after all that. It was rather unimpressive. We left on the 26th. The weather was going worse. We helped making the boat ready.
I was allowed to set the sail and to steer. NICE. But a gust of wind turned the boat nearly half way. Carlos was taking it over from then on.
In Airlie Beach Bronwynn tried to get the ball. There are chains were to can fix your boat. But the little ball was wraped around the chain. SO we broke the hook to get it. Mick came to our rescue.
Mick took us to the land and offered us to stay with him for the next two days. We collected our stuff at Magmuns and i bought the stupid waterproof case for my camera, which i actually forgot on board.
Mick drove us to a huge Waterfall; to get there we needed to pass a floaded bridge. THAT WAS SO COOL. I always wanted to do that. Mick collected 4 kids on their way to the waterfall. The stand on the boat-trailor.
On the way back, Mick asked me if i wanted to drive. But i didn`t because of the boat in the trailor.
Mick showed us aorund his neighbourhood. It was very beautiful. We saw kanguroos etc.
Today we went back to Airlie Beach to collect our stuff from Carlos. Then we are heading to Mackay.
I stay there with some friends ( another Mick, Mick is a very common name here....), probably for New Years...
We`ll see.
I keep posting!!!

SO ...

Have fun for New Years Eve!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment